четверг, 16 ноября 2017 г.

Day 14/15 | Holiday card series 2017

Hello there, dear friends!
Yesterday I was too tired to post anything so here are the latest cards of my Holiday card series 2017 featuring So Suzy stamps. It was such a fun marathon and I was really happy to see the participants. If you are interested, you can check the hashtag #holidaycards_olesyakharkova on Instagram. Thank you so much for your encouraging words and sweet comments, I truly appreciate them!
So here is card # 14


I really like non traditional colors I used and actually there's nothing unusual about a pink Christmas card nowadays)) 
 I used: 
Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink
Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide Ink
 ↑These new colors of Oxide inks soon will be available at sosuzystamps.com


The steps here are quite simple. I heat embossed all the snowflakes in clear powder, sponged Distress Oxide inks on top. Then stamped the sentiment onto a strip of vellum with Jet Black Archival Ink and then heat embissed in clear as well to make it shiny. Adhered the ends of the strip to the back side of the panel. Embellished with die cut snowflakes and clear Nuvo drops in Morning Dew.




Card # 15 and the last one:


I call this card "Who ate all the candy canes?" :)
I used:
Snowman Joy So Suzy stamp


I wanted him to look a bit different and more complicated. So I decided to make a small shaker card. I stamped the Snowman three times : one for the entire image, second - for the scarf and the third time - for the snowdrift he was standing in.


I colored the imgae with alcohol Chameleon pens. Die cut a circle inside the snowman. The additional scarf would cover the cut area.


I neeeded candy canes too fill in the shaker but had neither stamp nor appropriate die. But I found the wau out  -  I had alphabet dies and the letter J matched there perfectly. I drew the stripes with a white gel pen. Covered the scarf with Wink of stella shimmer.




Thank you sooo much for being with me during these two weeks! I'm so happy you enjoyed and shared this crafty journey with me! 
P.S. The winners will be announced very soon!
Have a beautiful day!
~ Olesya Kharkova
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

4 комментария:

  1. Oh my stars! Where to even begin in praising these gems! Your pink/white wintry wonderland is beautiful; again, a 'sense of place' calling me to put on my parka, scarf, mitts and boots to go for a wander. (It's actually snowing here as I type...pretty). Your snowman: ACK! How innovative to transform him into a shaker - and a shaker filled with wee candy canes! Smiling alllll over my face at this cutie-patootie! And guess what: I have this little guy in my collection! I may need to get up my courage and give your technique a try! The red bow and kraft background are ideal finishing touches! Fabulous finale to your Holiday Series; hopefully, we'll continue to see more, as your cards truly are bright spots in my day!
    Hugs~carol

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Ahhh, I have no words except a huge sense of gratitude for your support!!! Sure, by all means, without any hesitations try everything you found interesting here, it's the west reward for me. And please share your creations where it's convenient to you :) can't wait to see!!!

      Удалить
  2. Awesome cards! I especially love that you made a shaker card out of that adorable snowman!

    ОтветитьУдалить